I did not receive a confirmation email to verify my signup and email address, what should I do now?
1. If you made a spelling mistake in the email address during your registration in the app, please contact email@example.com
2. Check your email spam box and look for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Add email@example.com as a contact or approved sender
4. If you are still experiencing problems signing into the app, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I can't log into the ISIC app, what should I do now?
If you want to change information, such as your name or educational institution, please contact us and we will update the information
I want to renew my ISIC in the ISIC app, what do I need to do?
Just go to isic.be and order a new membership
Which mobile devices and systems are compatible with the ISIC app?
Android OS 8.0 and higher
iOS 14.0 and higher
I don't have an ISIC number yet, where can I get one?
You can order your digital ISIC ID on isic.be
What is my ISIC student identifier?
Your personal ISIC student identifier is a 12-digit number starting and ending with a letter (S 032 123 456 789 X) for ISIC issued in Belgium. With this number, you can activate your ISIC student ID in the ISIC app and log in to the ISIC website, to access the discounts available to you.
How long is my ISIC valid for?
The standard digital ISIC is valid for 12 months from the time of purchase. You can see the expiration date of your ISIC in your ISIC app profile or on the digital ID itself.
How can I use the discounts I get with ISIC?
There are two types of ISIC discounts: local discounts and online discounts. You can find all local discounts in the ISIC app and on the ISIC website.
Online discounts are visible on this websites and in the ISIC app.
Once logged in, you can find a discount code or unique discount link on each discount page. To use the discount code, copy the code, go to the partner website and paste the code into the designated field during checkout. If it is a code to use on the spot, show the code from within the ISIC app and have it claimed by the benefit provider, or show the email received by email@example.com, and enjoy!
Does the digital ISIC also work offline?
If you have activated your digital ISIC ID in the ISIC app, you can always view your card offline. You will need internet for activation and viewing discounts.
In which countries is the digital ISIC ID accepted?
The ISIC digital ID is currently accepted as a valid student ID in the following countries:
United Arab Emirates
If you are traveling to a country not on this list, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHO CAN ORDER?
Who can order a digital ISIC?
All full-time students enrolled in a Belgian educational institution and older than 12 years of age can order an ISIC. There is no maximum age limit.
When are you a full-time student?
Full-time student means you have at least 15 hours of classes a week for at least three months a year. If you ordered an ISIC, you must be enrolled in a Belgian educational institution with active status, or have an admission letter for the next semester. If you are studying or will be studying abroad, you can order your ISIC from the ISIC provider in your destination country.
Are you eligible for ISIC as a postgraduate student?
Yes, ISIC is also available to postgraduate students. You can order a standard digital ISIC here. Yes, ISIC is available also for doctoral students.
Are exchange students eligible for an ISIC?
Yes, as long as you study full-time at an educational institution, you are eligible for ISIC as an international/exchange student.
Please note that your ISIC alone is not sufficient identification for bus or train carriers, for example.
HOW TO ORDER?
What documents do I need?
To order an ISIC, you need proof of enrollment and a passport-style photo of yourself.
We accept a scan of your college card that has a year on it, a copy of your proof of enrollment, or an admission letter from your educational institution for the upcoming year or semester as proof of enrollment.
The ordering process step by step:
1. Click here to begin ordering. Choose ISIC to order an international student ID if you're 18 or older. if you're under 18 years old, choose ISIC SCHOLAR. If you're not a student, but under 31 years old, choose IYTC.
2. Enter your informatin correctly in the form. Note that your school's name will be listed on your card as you write it here. Use the full and correct name for your educational institution.
Also, upload your photo. The photo must be a clear passport (like) photo of your face. It does not have to be an official passport photo, a photo taken with your smartphone will do, as long as your face is clearly visible from the front. Do not use filters.
Finaly, upload your proof of enrollment and proof of identity. As proof of enrollment, we accept a scan of your college card with year, a proof of enrollment or a letter of admission for the upcoming year or semester (with dates or year).
Double check that the information is correct and click 'Next'.
3. You can choose to receive a plastic ISIC too, for an additional amount.
4. Pay for your ISIC card. Available payment methods are Bancontact/Maestro or Visa, Mastercard and Amex credit card.
It is also possible to pay by bank transfer.
5. Confirm your order and download the ISIC app for Android, iOS or Huawei. Your student status will be verified by us within 24 hours (weekdays) or 72 hours (weekends).
6. After your student status and photo are verified, you will receive an email with your personal ISIC number. You will need this number to activate your digital ISIC ID in the app.
I did not receive a confirmation email with the membership activation information, what should I do now?
First, check the spam box of your email. If the confirmation email is not there, contact us via the contact form or via email@example.com and mention your name, email and order ID.
What is the delivery time of ISIC?
Within 24 hours of your order (72 hours on weekends), your digital ISIC membership will become available. Your ISIC number will be ready to be activated in the ISIC app once your order has been validated and processed.
LOGGING INTO THE ISIC APP
Application process step by step:
Once you receive your personal ISIC number, you can sign in to the ISIC app and activate your digital student ID:
1. Download the free ISIC app for Android, iOS or Huawei
2. Click on 'Create Account'
3. Enter your name as mentioned in the activation email and your ISIC number
4. Enter your email address and validate it by clicking in the email verification mail you will receive
I can't sign up, what should I do?
1. Your ISIC number is a 12-digit number that begins and ends with a letter (S 032 123 456 789 X) for memberships in Belgium.
Check that you have entered the correct ISIC number. Make sure you write your name as mentioned in the activation email.
2. If you are still experiencing problems logging into the app, contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.